Monday 10 March 2008

My first blog!

Hi everyone!

So after perusing Dan's excellent blog (http://kiwi-at-sea.blogspot.com/) I figured Hey, I can do that... ok perhaps without the rapier wit that he has honed after spending years working on "foreign" ships as a 5'4" Kiwi sailor, but I hope that I can at least come up with some tales of our exploits to keep you faintly interested/entertained and if not... well I've given you the link, you can always go and read Dan's!

So what am I trying to achieve here? well over the coming blogs I hope to give you dear reader an insight into what we do on the RRS James Cook and why we do it, tell you a little bit more about me (boring I know but hey I like me!), and hopefully entertain you with some stories about the more fun aspects of our job... the things that make life at sea what it is and keep us all coming back for more time after time when our friends and family think we must be insane!

One more thing... I really am completely new to this kind of thing so any constructive critiscism is greatly welcomed (Dan I said constructive!)

Right gotta go and figure out how to do all the stuff to make this page look interesting catch you all soon..

Mick

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog and great photo, love from everyone at home in Pompey land of the F.A Cup winners 2008(fingers crossed)

Dan said...

How come Gosport isnt one of the options for your F.A. Cup Winners poll?

I have a lot of money riding on them to come up with the goods.

Mick-at-sea said...

Money wasted me old mucka!

But to answer your rather naive question... Because much like Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, and Chelsea; Gosport Borough went out at an early stage, the victims of superior opposition and therefore like the aforementioned "big" clubs they cannot possibly contest the greatest knock-out trophy in the world this time around!

Play Up Pompey!